My life as first and foremost an animal lover and wildlife enthusiast has taken me to many amazing places in the world to experience wildlife in their various natural environments. From working on a game reserve in South Africa and being heartbroken when the rhinos there got poached to the thrilling awesomeness of seeing up close the power and beauty of the great white shark. There is no doubt about it wildlife is my passion and I will never stop travelling to often remote and third world countries to see these awe inspiring animals in their home. People talk of 'god' and spiritual experiences well for me (I am an atheist for the record) this is it, jumping into the turquoise waters of Western Australia and swimming along side the largest shark in the world the Whale Shark.
This is my world where the natural world is real and I can see it and experience it with my own eyes, there is no better feeling in the world. My travels and work have undoubtedly shown me the tragedy and fragility of all the worlds animals. The fact the rhino in Africa I believe will become extinct in my lifetime brings tears to my eyes, the South African penguins are facing dire straits as we humans destroy their world over fishing and climate change confuse them so they go fishing at the wrong times leaving baby chicks to die. The glorious tiger and polar bears and walruses suffering because of man kind is something I really can not handle nor will come to terms with..but I made a promise to myself that I would travel until I can not any more to go to all the corners of the our magical, wonderful and incredible world to see these animals and at best work with them. My fortunate career choice as a vet nurse means I can go to these places to travel and work and here I will tell you my stories starting from the beginning.....



No comments:
Post a Comment